ROLES OF ACADEMIC HODs
ROLES OF HODs
Those appointed as academic HODs are expected to execute their roles to the uttermost. Their roles include;
- Promoting efficiency in the teaching processes in the department with regard to syllabus grasp; schemes of work-formulation, record of work maintenance and examinations progress report.
- Specifying syllabus for each class, determine which aspects of a subject curriculum shall be covered in each class.
- Maintaining textbook and Equipment inventories and ledgers for the Department.
- Working out needs and proriorities in departmental stores and suppliers in conjunction with other teachers.
- Maintaining and using records of internal continuous/Assessment test and Examinations, and external Examinations file in order to improve the subject teaching and learning.
- Co-coordinating the maintenance of student performance records by all in the department.
- Co-coordinating the methodology, teaching methods, review meetings in the departments.
- Supervising and carrying out internal inspection, teaching regularly-especially among new members of staff.
- Stimulating work interest, work morale and enthusiasm of staff in the department.
- Noting absenteeism cases and recording them down and signing permission for absence application forms for departmental staff.
- Any other such supervisory duties that will promote high standards of Academic performance and discipline within the department.