DUTIES OF DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF DIRECTOR OF STUDIES.
- Supervise the implementation of the school curriculum
- Co-ordinate and prepare the master time table.
- Write all the minutes of the Academic Board deliberations.
- Develop effective tools for fast tracking curriculum and remedial work delivery.
- Co-ordinate the holiday remedial activities for weak students.
- Prepare a structured programme for subject therapies from resource persons/senior examiners.
- Organize in liaison with academic H.O.Ds and supervise joint examinations, benchmarking and symposia with other schools.
- Review the tools of curriculum implementation from time to time and give updates to the Principal and make recommendations on the way forward.
- Organize and co-ordinate the examinations setting moderation, typing, proofreading, supervision, marking, analyzing releasing of results and rewarding.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate target setting by individual students, the entire school and the teachers and ensure they are strategically placed within the school.
- Co-ordinate, facilitate and supervise a fair and just rewarding policy for all deserving stakeholders.
- In liaison with academic H.O.Ds, promote quality teaching and learning and a teacher student friendly environment to enhance good performance in examinations.
- Encourage inter-class/inter-stream competitions through interclass contests.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate academic counseling to all the students, teachers and parents for purposes of improved academic performance.
- Maintenance of student assessment records, internal and external examinations files.KNEC and KIE regulations and syllabuses.
- Preparation of student transcripts.
Coordinating registration of candidates for external examinations.
- Coordinating application for University and other post-secondary institutions in conjunction with careers teacher.